Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Unemployment

There was a question asked "in a perfect world would there be unemployment". No I don't think there would be. In a perfect world you wouldn't have to worry about losing your job. Unemployment can be very devastating to many families. I don't think anybody would want to be worried about how they are going to pay a bill or how they are going to put food on a table. Personally I know what it's like to have a parent that is unemployed. My stepfather was unemployed for almost two years. I seen my parents struggle to make ends meet but they did it. The unemployment rate in Philadelphia is at 11.6%. Throughout the country the unemployment rate is at 8.1%. Even though this dosen't seem like alot it is almost 10% of the work force and there's nothing perfect about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.