Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Opinions: Harvard Cheating Scandal


Earlier, I watched a video on the Harvard Cheating Scandal. I have to say that I was a little confused. I was confused because if your teacher or professor gives you a take home "test," you should know not to plagiarize. You should use your own knowledge and not someone else's. Also, I think the professors were very naive to give the students a take home test because if I were to be on of the students, I would probably collaborate with my classmates, too. I think if had ever cheated on a test, my parents would not be too happy about that. I think you should never cheat on a test because I think you're taking away from your own knowledge, and even if you don't know something, don't cheat, take an educated guess. Thats mostly what I do, I think that even if you don't know that you have a test coming up, you should study anyway. I think the students should know that you should not collaborate on a test. But, I think they should just get suspended, not expelled.

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your opinion on cheating, but not on the punishment you think the students deserve. Can you explain why they should suspended and not expelled?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.