Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Seize the day!

     What do you want from life? Being fourteen, and still very young I am not exactly sure. Throughout my life I find myself always asking myself this question, but could never find the answer. Life is something that is given to you, and it is your job to basically make your life a living. What I want from life, is happiness. I don't want to fortune, or the fame, because even people with all the money in the world still find themselves without happiness. I want good memories, and I want the bad memories so I can learn from them and strive. Although, my life has had some ordeals that I did not yet recover from, I realized that you cannot have a rainbow without a little rain. Pain is something that occurs to remind us that we are still living, and if there is no pain there is no gain. Henry David Thoreau once quoted “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life... and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” Henry David Thoreau basically means that he regrets the decisions he has made and regrets not living his life to the fullest. 
    Change is something that I believe everybody should consider. Many people think that change is a bad thing, and it can in some situations. We should all want to change in some way but for the better, but it is not always easy. By changing myself I want to become more responsible, and to gain more integrity. Also, I would want to change the way I look at life, and my future. By changing, you become more mature, and maturity is what I would like to gain more of. 
     Most of us do not know how long we are going to live, and when your on your death bed you start to wish you knew. Life is something that we shouldn't waste, because every minute counts. You should savor every moment of life because it can go by faster then you'll ever expect. So what I mean is you should treat every day as if it was going to be your last and that you knew it was going to be your last. Don't be shy, have fun even when your doing something boring, and appreciate your life no matter how hard it gets. 


-Ava Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.