Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Carpe Diem"

    Life is a gift that consists of beauty and freedom and is granted to all individuals, who are given the opportunity of performing what they highly presume is the correct way of traveling the path to success. Many might believe that life is a miserable punishment inflicted upon those unworthy of happiness. However, the fundamentals of life state that there will be unsatisfactory moments that we will eventually experience. Life provides us with the capability of transforming those dark moments into ones that are easily conformable to and pleasurable. Henry David Thoreau once quoted “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life... and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” Henry David Thoreau, according to the phrase, regretted the decision he made in life because he felt as if he did not live it sufficiently. I however, aspire to live life accordingly before my final days approach. I seek a successful future by sacrificing what is required of me at a young age in order to enjoy my adulthood. I intend to live in accordance with my dreams and avoid the author’s fate.
    When viewing life from my perspective, I believe that a connection exists between one’s individuality and desires. To further elucidate my beliefs, a person will eventually experience changes in life that he/she will learn to appreciate. Once these changes are used toward your advantage, you will begin to prosper, as it allows you to state your beliefs in the presence of conformity, which will then increase your confidence and earn you respect. I desire to achieve many things in my lifetime, including: academic excellence, a respected reputation, and an auspicious career. However, in order to obtain what I want, I must either correct the flaws I currently possess by changing myself or allow fate to perform this action. This is a necessity because everyone has imperfections they must rectify. One must also treat everyday as it was their last because as humans, we cannot predict the future. Life may surprise us with death the moment we least expect it. So do not squander any opportunity you are given, as it may be limited for a short duration of time, and live life with an optimistic perspective.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.