Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Carpe Diem- Y.C


After reading Henry David Thoreau’s “Where I Lived and What I Lived For,” I feel that I want to accomplish many things, and to not be filled with regret for what I did not do. I enjoyed the part where Thoreau said, “I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.” I liked this part because I want to live my life to the fullest and to live every moment as if it is the last. Also, this inspires me to look at the positive aspect of everything. I want many things in my lifetime. I want to get all I deserve and to give all I can. I also want my life to be an honest one. I want life itself to be fair and just. Even though I may run across many unjust things, life can only be fair if I make it so. Change is a necessary element of existence because even though change to some people may be painful because they fear it, others know that change provides new opportunities for them. For example, if I had never come to the United States, I may not have so many opportunities in my life right now. We, as people, need changes in our lives because we cannot feel happiness without changes. Our lives would be dull and blue without the changes that enable us to experience new things.
It is important that we treat each day as if it is our last because we never know what tomorrow may bring. Just like the flowers that come and go, our lives are similar. If we live each day of our lives as if it is our last, we can seize the day. If we live each day as our last, we can strive to do good things so that people will remember our deeds well. We will also appreciate people and things more if we treat each day as our last because how many people everyday embraces their family members and tells them that they love them? If we live each day as if it is our last, we can fully embrace life and feel how fragile and valuable every second is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.