Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Carpe Diem

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived”

This quote from Henry David Thoreau can have an infinite amount of meanings and interpretations. However, I say that Thoreau wanted to escape into a place where he could be alone with his thoughts and venture into a new area in which he could examine his mind. He wanted to discern the important things in life, so when he was ready to die he could say he has lived his life in the best way possible, instead of not  having lived at all.
I am not a greedy man. I do not wish for all the treasures and knowledge that the world possess. Instead, I would rather want to make a modest living and reside in a well-kept area so I could raise my children with my wife. I don’t need, nor do I want the most  flamboyant  of items. A nice car that could meet my needs and a moderately sized house in which my family could live comfortably is what I want. I was taught to give, never to want.  
Change is absolutely necessary. Although it may be hard, it would pay off in the long run. Everything around us is constantly changing so it is only logical to change with it. However, this does not mean that we should change for the worse. We should change to better ourselves so that we can rise above the negative. Change also helps us mature and brings opportunities.  
It is vital to live each day like there is no tomorrow because in reality, there actually might not be a tomorrow for us. There are so many possibilities that could harm us even when we take precautions. It isn’t worth not doing what you love or believe in out of fear because come tomorrow, the opportunity may be lost forever. Now I’m not say that you should run around in the streets with a chicken costume on screaming your lungs out, but you should do the things you enjoy when you are still capable of doing so. As the saying goes, “you aren’t getting any younger.” We were given life for a reason, why waste it?
Christian Reda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.