Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

prejudice


please watch my introduction voice thread

“Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England, and the United Kingdom.” Many people who know of dubstep think that this does not allow talent when in fact it does in some cases. Some talents that would be beneficial for making this type of music would be being able to play drums or a keyboard. Then in some cases people just use a computer with a special type of software.
Some of the opinions that I found on this topic are many people do not like this genre. Some people can be very close minded when talking about this like in some cases saying that only “idiots” listen to it or people who don't have good taste in music. I would say for starters I don't believe that there is an actual bad taste in music. Music was made for all people to enjoy so no matter what kind of music you listen to I would not consider you having a “bad taste”. One of the artist of this genre named Skrillex has won three grammys. He has also been nominated for many other awards.
One thing that I wanted to get through to people about this article is not to be so close minded about dubstep. Before you say such negative things about it educate yourself. I can see why some people don't like it because at first I didn't like it much. I believe that the prejudice does exist.

7 comments:

  1. Mr. Fletcher a teacherMarch 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

    I know as an older person it is sometimes hard to listen to things that are new. I will try to keep an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I think you did a great job constructing your paragraphs!I was wondering if you like Dubstep? Did any of the information that you found surprise you,or did you find anything interesting? By the way, I love Dubstep! I listen to it all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Nico. Good story! How you said that you didn't like it at first, well do you think that if the people that don't like dubstep could listen to it more and then they maybe could like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla, you did a good job researching this topic. Isn't is amazing how some people can be prejudice about even the smallest things? I love your statement: "Music was made for all people to enjoy so no matter what kind of music you listen to I would not consider you having a “bad taste”." I appreciate your open-mindedness and hope that more people adopt your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you hav some very good points in this paper! Espcially when you said he won three grammys, which means many people enjoy his music and think highly of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kayla, I'm not a fan of dub step, but I do admit you have to have talent to create this music. I barely know how to use Microsoft Word, let alone mixing tables and sound bites, haha. Good points in you post:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good points Kayla! I like how you said that people shouldn't be so close minded about dubstep. I haven't heard too much dubstep, but I think it is pretty cool. Many people do seem to dislike it and criticize, but I think they should think about how much work went into the songs created before they judge it. I really like your post and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.