Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Prejudice about music exists



People who don’t like rap and dubstep think people like me who do like this kind of music are prone to do alcohol and drugs. They think that we are depressed. I don’t think that’s true because I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. I don’t have an addiction to weed or any types of drugs. I think they all should allow everyone to listen to whatever speaks to them.
People say that rap is setting a bad example for young children. I find this to be an opinion because I've been listening to rap since I was about seven years old but kids have minds of their own and they also know right from wrong. I don't think you’re going to see seven year olds buying guns and selling drugs because songs say thats what got them rich. I found that people say that rap makes you only think about money, sex and drugs. I know many people that listen to rap music. I asked them what they thought about it. They said they think about their futures. Some said they think about money because they wanted to become rich in life.  “Rap makes children of all ages think there aren’t any consequences for their actions.” I think about most things before I do things and many people make wrong decisions at times but we all have to experience the worst to get to our best. Dubstep makes you depressed? Wrong, because it gets people like me pumped before basketball games and other sports. Dubstep is just a bass driven electronic music. If dubstep was such a terrible type of music Skrillex wouldn’t have won a grammy.
I know prejudice is very valid because there are many people that think all  these things about people that listen to rap and dubstep.  I think this prejudice is very idiotic and childish because we shouldn’t be judged by what we do in our lives or what we listen to. I think the world would even be better without everyone putting their opinions in other people’s lifestyles.

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Vermont! My name is Isabel. I agree with you. I think some people can be very prejudice against those who listen to rap and dubstep. I also think that some who listen to rap and dubstep can be depressed or be influenced by the music to do drugs or drink alcohol. Good job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Hattie! I agree that people have strong opinions about rap and dubstep music. I listen to those types of music too. My parents were kind of prejudice about it when both genres first became popular. Now they kind of like some of the songs that I listen to.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hattie My parents really didn't want me to listen to rap because she thought it would mess my life up But thank you for your comment Hattie.

      Delete
  3. I agree that a lot of people can judge you if you listen to rap or different kinds of music like dubstep. I think you did very good on this because my parents don't like me listening to rap but it's my favorite type of music so I tell them it moves me and makes me feel good. They still don't like it though. Very good job on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand rap makes me move. They don't understand that some rap music have positive influence on peoples lives. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.