Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Prejudice Of People In Philadelphia



People who live in other cities think that people in Philadelphia are horrible. I chose this topic because I am from Philadelphia. I don’t understand why some people think that people in Philadelphia are not nice. I feel that some of the people who say that people from here are horrible are wrong. Most people here are nice so the people who say they are not are wrong
The people here are very nice; they have good manners and say please and thank you. So why would people from other cities say these things; maybe because they
just dislike people from Philadelphia. There are even websites dedicated to people hating Philadelphia. Some of the people who say mean things about people from here have probably never visited, just heard things. I don’t understand why though, the people from here are friendly.

Yes, there is a prejudice about people from here. Even though I have no facts about it, but I did find websites about the topic that mostly opinion based, I think I am right. I’m sure not everyone from other cities hates people from here. I believe that the people from here are not horrible. Philadelphia a great place, it has a lot of history like the Liberty Bell, the Constitution was signed, the Declaration of Independence was written here. We also have a diverse culture here. Philadelphia is a great place to live.

4 comments:

  1. I can tell that you like Philadelphia a lot! I liked your post, but I couldn't understand some of it. Just a suggestion I wouldn't use the word "person" alot. What type of things do people say about Philadelphia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not read over my blog carefully and I realized that there are grammatical errors, also I noticed that I used the word people many times after you pointed that out. Your comment helped me read over my work more carefully.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we all make judgement calls before we really think things through. We base our beliefs about an area of the country on stereotypes or what we hear other people saying. We need to learn how to use our own minds to decide what we believe. We are beginning To Kill a Mockingbird and are going to be exploring the issue of prejudice as we read. Have you read that book yet? Scout, the main character, finds out that her father is teaching her very differently than other parents in town. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blogs that we wrote were based on "To Kill a Mockingbird." I thought it was a fantastic book, It goes in depth with prejudice so that is what made us write these blogs.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.