Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Monday, November 14, 2011

"The Girl who Silenced the World"


This young girl has indeed silenced the world. Her voice carried a certain power that made my neck tingle. I have to say I do agree with her on most of her topics. We don't have all the answers and we don't have all the time. Animals and plant life are going extinct and we don't no how to reverse that. I have to admit, I sometimes think about if my children or grandchildren would be able to see a Panda Bear or a Polar Bear. However, I do not agree with her statement that says humans turned forest into deserts. I disagree with her when she says all of the money being spent on war should be spent on ending poverty. You can't fix poverty with money, you need an economy to keep the people up. In order to have an economy, we can't just simply give away as she wants us to do in her speech. If I were to speak in on a United Nations meeting, I would focus on the economy and the education budget. I have to commend her for having the guts to go and speak like she did for only being a thirteen year old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.