Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Monday, November 14, 2011

"The Girl Who Silenced the World"


I do believe that the girl has silenced the world because her speech had a specific emotion to it that gave it a sense of concern. I do not agree with some of her points because her tone of voice made it sound as if humans turned forests into deserts, which is clearly stated in her speech. I also do not agree with her when she said that humans are afraid to share. The reason being is because the way our society runs, the world cannot afford to share, but instead benefit from its hard work. For example, if the United States were to share money with other countries, it could not because as bad as our economy is, the United States can not afford to throw away money without decreasing the value of the dollar. I do agree with her on one point. Money should not be spent on warfare. This idea sounds good, but I sense a flaw in what she said. Money can not simply end poverty. It must be earned first in order to progress, just as success does not come to you. If I were to speak to a United Nations meeting, I would talk more about reducing the chances of global warming and how to spend more money on education while at the same time, keeping our military unit strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.