Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Interpretive Writing-"To Kill a Mockingbird" By Nathan Parmegiani

The novel, “To Kill a Mockingbird” By Harper Lee was a novel taken place in the 1930s, this novel was very inspirational and heart touching. The “To Kill a Mockingbird” novel is a  story about two children finding out that life isn't perfect for them or anyone. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”  I believe that this quote is directed towards the African Americans in the novel because when something that has to do with Black folk prejudice jams the towns mind with prejudice. So Atticus told Scout that if you step in someone else's shoes you get to understand them more, than just being prejudice and mean against them. Black people are the same as white people but people are rude and prejudice and don’t like them for someone reason I don’t know why. I feel as if no one should judge someone else they should get to know them and see how their life is and don’t be mean. I would never judge someone or be prejudice until I took things from their point of view.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Nathan! I really like how you used text features to make the quote stand out. Did you enjoy reading the book? I remember that my brother did not like it that much.

    Erica, grade 8

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.