Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Monday, April 7, 2014

D.P.S. Quote

"Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone." Doesn't mean choking on the bone...words to live by.
    The world around us is alive and we must dance with it wherever it takes us. Who said that I don’t know; I do know that the man who wrote that drew it from the marrow of life! He woke up and stated his own philosophy to many people and it still lives on today. He sucked the marrow out of life and he gained immortality...what would you gain? I can assure you that actual immortality is not a literal gift, though there are gifts that will become immortal...memories of a first kiss, of first love and even heartbreak will stay with and both haunt you and remind you of the things you took risks to accomplish and how they shaped and excited you. Risks are something humans are naturally scared to do but thankful they did...most of the time.
      Taking a risk isn't bad or stupid...believe me I've taken risks they gave me great memories that I love to recall. But risks are where you can choke on the bone and where sucking the marrow becomes harder to define. If you sucked the marrow out of life does that mean to even gorge yourself? By saying this I mean that that you shouldn't take drugs that make you feel on top of the world but actually, try and become a leader,a millionaire, whatever suits you.Don’t go out and have sexual relations with many women because you feel like a ‘’man’’, make love to the love of your life.Look at me I’m giving my honest belief out in the open and using a font that my teacher will surely hate. I advise everyone reading this to go and take a chance on someone or something you love; learn how to fly a plane, write a novel, put all of your trust and love in one person. Just know when it comes to sucking the marrow out of life and choking on the bone.
I hope all who listen and live by this quote and advice live a happy life that gives you great memories.I hope you suck all the marrow out of life and then pick another bone.   
        

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I really enjoyed reading this. I completely agree with you when you talk about taking risks and how taking a risk isn’t bad or stupid. I also liked the part that you threw in about using a certain font that your teacher probably won’t like showing that you are giving your honest belief. Keep up the good work.

    Bethany
    8th Grade
    WCS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jacob! You have a lot of good points in this. I like how you said taking risks isn't a bad thing. I completely agree with this. Great job!

    Julia
    8th Grade
    78Gold2013

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.