Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Monday, April 7, 2014

“Do not be afraid to pursue your passion. Take control of every single day and bend it to your will.”

“Do not be afraid to pursue your passion. Take control of every single day and bend it to your will.”

This quote was said by Mr.Keating from Dead Poets Society because he didn’t want the boys to fall into conformity and going into the same path. That quote made me think about what my passion is. To be completely honest, I don’t know anymore. I started out wanting to be a ( cat only ) Vet but it just didn’t stick with me. I then wanted to be a Fashion designer. It’s weird because I never actually told anyone that I wanted to go down the road of fashion. I thought it sounded too cliche because doesn’t almost every other girl want to be a fashion designer? I mean I still want to be one but I’m not so certain about it. It’s like I don’t want to be one of those girls who go for the same career but I want to pursue my passion because it is what I can see myself doing in the future. I’m trying not to contradict myself but it is difficult to get my point across without doing it. I’m not taking control of my life and trying to bend it to my will. I don’t know who is to be exact.

I guess that was kind of confusing even for me. What I am basically saying is I don’t want to fit into the category of conformity but I want to go for my passion in life. I’m quite fond of the fact that I enjoy doing it and that I believe I can do it. No one has told me I’m not going to make it or anything because I haven’t built the courage up to say it ( I mean now they know because I said it about two or three times already ).I have made my decision in life but just haven’t taken control. I will though,as soon as I find out how.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anirah,
    I really like that quote! I like it, because I think it means to live life to it's fullest. I always do that. I don't need a quote to tell me that! What is your favorite quote?

    ~Angela, grade 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this quote too! I like how you add some of the things you wanted to be. Over all, good job!
    Shayla 7th grade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.