Class of 2013

Class of 2013
SGS is the BEST!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Jonas' Community

We are reading The Giver by Lois Lowry and in the novel the main characters community is considered perfect. It seems perfect because of no violence and everyone is given a job.Also no one is homeless nor starving. There are many rules to follow for example, they must share their feelings at dinner. I like this rule because a lot of people don't share their feelings and their usually angry because of the feelings they are experiencing. Something I dislike about this community are the cameras. I dislike the cameras because I feel like everyone should have privacy and it is also very creepy.
Simone Praylow
Daniel Parmegiani

1 comment:

  1. Danny and Simone,
    I enjoyed reading your blog entry. I agree with your explanation of cameras. Everyone deserves privacy and in Jonas' community cameras were a big part. What about today? Cell/camera phones are also a big part of our lives. Do you think they infringe on people's privacy. Think about that.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We appreciate your time.